Air pollution is increasing on the international agenda and is extensively identified as a threat to both economic progress and public health. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that annually 4.2 million deaths can be ascribed to air pollution. Recently, there have been key developments in techniques that permit the quantification of air pollution-related indicators to trace growth toward the sustainable development goals and that enlarge the evidence base of the effects of air pollution on health. The following figure illustrates the current major carbon emission producers.
Hybrid-Electric Propulsion Expected to Attain High Investments
The global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market is segmented into all-electric, hybrid-electric, turboelectric, hydrogen propulsion, and solar propulsion. Among these propulsion types, hybrid-electric propulsion is expected to attain high investments in the future due to the high adoption rate in the commercial aviation industry. In 2025, hybrid-electric is expected to acquire the highest market value of $8.88 billion and is expected to grow to $47.08 billion by 2035 at a CAGR of 16.38% during the forecast period.
Commercial and Civil Market to Dominate Global Next-Gen Aircraft Propulsion System Market
The commercial and civil industry is undergoing significant growth and the widespread use of aircraft for several applications. Moreover, the increasing deployment of UAVs in applications such as mapping, surveying, and inspection, by several companies, is expected to drive the demand for next-gen aircraft propulsion systems. In 2025, the commercial and civil segment is expected to acquire the highest market value of $14.74 billion and is expected to grow to $81.85 billion by 2035 at a CAGR of 16.87% during the forecast period.
Energy Storage and Supply Systems Expected to Gain High Investments
Energy storage and supply systems include batteries, hydrogen fuel cells, and solar cells. With the increasing advancements in these energy storage and supply systems to enable sustainable air travel, they are expected to progress at a significant rate. In 2025, the energy storage and supply system component is expected to acquire the market value of $1.63 billion and is expected to grow to $10.52 billion by 2035 at a CAGR of 18.45% during the forecast period, 2025-2035.
U.S. to Witness Fastest Growth in Global Next-Gen Aircraft Propulsion System Market
The U.S. is expected to dominate the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market in 2025 and is anticipated to uphold its dominance throughout the forecast period. Factors such as the presence of major next-gen aircraft propulsion system manufacturers and a significant investment by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and several other companies are fueling the high growth rate and major share of the U.S. in the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market. Moreover, increasing policies to reduce harmful emissions caused by air travel are enabling airlines to procure next-gen aircraft.
The global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market is one of the most competitive industries, with the leading players actively competing against each other to gain a greater share in the industry. The competitive landscape of the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market exhibits an inclination toward emerging strategies and developments by market players.
Key questions answered in the Next-Gen Aircraft Propulsion System Market
- What is the current growth rate of the market and how is it expected to perform in future?
- What are the major drivers, challenges, and opportunities behind the demand for the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market during the forecast period, 2025-2035?
- Who are the key players in the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market, and what is the competitive benchmarking?
- What are the new strategies being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- How is each segment of the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market expected to grow during the forecast period, and what is the revenue anticipated to be generated by each of the segments by the end of 2035?
- What are the trends in the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market across different countries? What are the revenue estimates in 2025, and what are the estimates for 2035
- Which country is expected to contribute the most to the global next-gen aircraft propulsion system market during the forecast period?