Want to know the process to fix the issue the file you specified cannot be opened? Well, if yes then your search ends over here. The user might face such an error when he/she tries to download any payroll update or open up any state form or paying scheduled liabilities. This error should be rectified immediately. Thus, we have come up with this post, where we will be discussing the entire process to fix the file cannot be opened error successfully.
To know more about fixation of QuickBooks Error "The file you specified cannot be opened", make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also contact our accounting professionals using our number and let them perform the necessary steps for you.
Important points to remember
The user should remember the following points before heading forward:
- The user should click on ok tab till the message gets updated
- After that select close and open QuickBooks
- Ensure that the QuickBooks is of the latest version
- Now, close QuickBooks and also reboot the system
- The user should restart QuickBooks desktop and right click on QuickBooks and select run as admin
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error “The file you specified cannot be opened”
The user should ensure to have appropriate windows permissions for QuickBooks. This would involve the following steps:
- The very first step is to right click the QuickBooks icon
- After that select properties tab
- The user should select the security tab and select edit
- The next step is to tap on the add option and enter everyone
- Now, hit ok tab and also choose full control option
- The suer should ensure that to enter users in place of everyone when repeating the steps
- And also select apply
- The last step is to hit ok tab and you are done
Resolving ‘the file you specified cannot be opened’ error in QuickBooks can be a little easy with the steps mentioned in above. However, if you are unable to fix the issue, then make sure to reach out to our QuickBooks error support team professionals for further technical assistance.
You can consult us at 1-800-761-1787, and we will ensure to come up with the best possible support services instantly.