Introduction to Companion Diagnostics Market:
Companion diagnostics are medical tests that are used to identify the patients who may benefit from a particular therapy, and to identify those patients who are more likely to respond to a given therapy. Companion diagnostics are used to select patients who are likely to benefit from a given treatment, and to identify those who are more likely to experience adverse effects from the same treatment. Companion diagnostics can also be used to monitor the effectiveness of a given treatment, and to identify potential drug-drug interactions. Companion diagnostics are rapidly becoming an essential part of personalized medicine and are an important tool for improving patient outcomes.
The report "Companion Diagnostics Market by Product (Assays, Kits, Software Services), Technology (PCR, NGS, ISH, IHC), Indication (Breast, Blood, Lung, Colorectal Cancer, Neurology Diseases), End User (Pharma Companies, CROs), Region - Global Forecast to 2026", the global companion diagnostics market is projected to reach USD 9.9 billion by 2026 from USD 5.5 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 12.6%.
Download a PDF Copy: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=155571681
Overview of Companion Diagnostics:
Companion diagnostics are diagnostic tests that are used in conjunction with therapeutic treatments to ensure that the patient is receiving the most effective and safe treatment for their particular condition. These tests analyze genetic, biomarker, and/or clinical data to determine the best course of action for the patient. Companion diagnostics are increasingly being used in oncology and personalized medicine to tailor treatments to individual patients, with the aim of improving health outcomes and reducing costs. These diagnostics are also being used to detect and monitor drug resistance, predict adverse drug reactions, and guide the selection of personalized cancer treatments.
Market Dynamics of Companion Diagnostics:
- Increasing Demand for Personalized Medicine: The demand for personalized medicine is growing rapidly, driven by the need to provide tailored treatments for patients. As companion diagnostics can provide personalized medical information on individual patients, they are increasingly being used to develop more effective treatments.
- Advances in Technology: Advances in technology, such as next-generation sequencing, have enabled the development of more sophisticated and accurate companion diagnostics. This has increased their popularity among healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies, as they can provide more detailed information about a patient’s condition.
- Regulatory Requirements: Regulatory requirements are an important factor driving the growth of the companion diagnostics market. Governments around the world are increasingly mandating the use of companion diagnostics in order to ensure the safety and efficacy of new drugs and treatments.
- High Cost of Diagnostics: The cost of companion diagnostics can be high, making it a barrier to market growth. The high cost of the technology and tests can limit the market’s potential to expand.
- Low Awareness: Low levels of awareness about companion diagnostics is another major factor that can limit its market growth. Many patients and healthcare providers are not yet aware of the benefits of using companion diagnostics, which can limit its adoption.
Competitive Landscape of Companion Diagnostics Market:
The global companion diagnostics market is moderately competitive owing to the presence of several established players and the entry of new players. These players are actively launching new products and introducing innovative technologies to remain competitive in the market. This has been leading to the expansion of the global companion diagnostics market.
The major players operating in this market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), Qiagen N.V. (Germany), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US), Abbott Laboratories, Inc. (US), Almac Group (UK), Danaher Corporation (US), Illumina Inc. (US), bioMérieux SA (France), Myriad Genetics, Inc. (US), Sysmex Corporation (Japan), Abnova Corporation (Taiwan), Guardant Health, Inc. (US), ICON Plc (Ireland), BioGenex Laboratories, Inc. (US), Invivoscribe Technologies (US), ArcherDX, Inc. (US), NG Biotech (France), Q² Solutions (US), Amoy Diagnostics Co., Ltd. (China), Abacus Diagnostica Oy (Finland), Asuragen Inc. (US), SAGA Diagnostics (Sweden), Meso Scale Diagnostics, LLC. (US), and Creative Biolabs (US).
By Product Service
- Assays, Kits Reagents
- Software Services
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Next-generation Sequencing
- In Situ Hybridization
- Other Technologies
- Cancer `
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Other Cancer Types
- Neurological Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Other Indications
By End User
- Pharmaceutical Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Reference Laboratories
- Contract Research Organizations
- Other End Users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa
The global companion diagnostics market is estimated to register a CAGR of 12.6% during the forecast period. The market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East Africa. Among these, North America is expected to dominate the global companion diagnostics market, owing to the presence of leading players in the region, rapidly developing technology, and higher healthcare expenditure.
Europe is anticipated to hold the second-largest share of the global companion diagnostics market, due to the increasing emphasis on personalized medicine and the increasing adoption of advanced technologies.
Asia Pacific is projected to register the fastest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the increasing government initiatives for healthcare development and the growing awareness about innovative technologies.
- In May 2021, Qiagen N.V. (Germany) expanded the therascreen KRAS Kit.
- In April 2019, Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland) acquired TIB Molbiol Group (Germany). This acquisition will enhance Roche’s broad portfolio of molecular diagnostics solutions with a wide range of assays for infectious diseases, such as identifying SARS-CoV-2 variants.
Key Questions Answered by the Report:
- What are the current and future trends in the global companion diagnostics market?
- How is the global companion diagnostics market segmented?
- What are the major drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global companion diagnostics market?
- What is the competitive landscape of the global companion diagnostics market?
- What are the key strategies adopted by major players in the global companion diagnostics market?
- What is the estimated market size and growth rate of the global companion diagnostics market for the forecast period?
The companion diagnostics market is set to experience rapid growth in the next five years. This growth is being driven by the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the increasing demand for personalized medicine. Additionally, the development of new technologies and the increasing number of clinical trials for companion diagnostics are expected to further boost market growth. The increasing collaboration between pharmaceutical companies and diagnostic companies is also expected to play a role in the growth of the market.